Connecting to server in virtual OS

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by rrobert, May 6, 2010.

1. rrobert

rrobert Bit poster

Hi,

How can I connect to the web server running in my virtual OS (Windows 7) from a browser in my host machine (Mac OS)?
    I've tried using the ip i found in windows' ipconfig, and it doesn't help.

Thanks for the help,
    Robert

2. VilleT

VilleT Bit poster

Go to http://whatismyip.fi on your VPS. Then try to install TightVNC server, and connect to VPS from Mac OS.

3. rrobert

rrobert Bit poster

It's the firewall

Hi, thanks,
    the problem lies with the windows firewall.
    I disable it.. but maybe another better solution is to configure it to enable the port being used.

Robert

4. shanjoyb

shanjoyb Member

You can also try for these method.
    Step One: Please make sure that the virtual machine network adapter is enabled:

1. Launch Parallels Desktop for Mac
    2. Click the Network Adapter link in the main configuration window to open its settings.
    3. Make sure that the Enabled and Connect cable at startup options are selected in the Device Status area.
    4. Under the Emulation section select the Bridged Ethernet option and choose Default Adapter or any other Mac network connection interface that is connected to the network.
    5. Click OK to close Configuration Editor.

Step Two: If Bridged Networking isn’t suitable for you, try to change the VM network settings to Shared Networking.

Step Three: If networking is still unavailable in your virtual machine, try to use Apple’s Internet Sharing service to connect the VM to the network:

1. Launch Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2. Click the Network Adapter icon in the main configuration window to open its settings.
    3. Make sure that the Enabled and Connect cable at startup options are selected in the Device Status area.
    4. In the Emulation area select the Host-only networking option.
    5. Click OK to close Configuration Editor.
    6. Open Mac OS X System Preferences - Sharing - Internet.
    7. Select your network connection interface in the Share your connection from drop-down list.
    8. Enable the Ethernet Adaptor (en2) (number after en depends on your Mac configuration) in the To computers using list.
    9. Click the Start button. Then confirm Internet Sharing service activation.
    10. Click the Firewall section in the same window, and check the type of service you want to access from your virtual machine. If your Firewall is active you should select the Personal Web Sharing option to be able to browse the Internet web sites at least. Alternatively, you can click the Stop button to disable the Firewall.
    11. Restart your Mac.
    12. Start your virtual machine, and then check its network connections.