Connection to localhost:81 failed

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by grx, Oct 30, 2007.

1. grx

grx Guest

Hi, I downloaded the trial version of the 2x Application Server and I'm trying to get something up so I can see if I can use notepad as a published application on Win2k3 Server (which I'm RDP'd into). The setup is pretty self explanatory, so I set everything up (or at least I thought I did). I turned off the windows firewall so no firewall can be getting in the way. When I try connecting to my server at https://server.mydomain.com/ (and yes I enabled the ssl connection), I get NOTHING back from the server, just a blank page, and I get this error in the log:
    Code:
    [I 06/00000001] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - Starting 2X Publishing Agent Service 5.1 (build 311) Unicode
    [I 06/00000016] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - Sending a Connection Request to Agent server.mydomain.com.
    [I 07/0000000D] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - Agent xx.xx.xx.xx verified successfully
    [I 06/00000015] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - 1	Administrator	yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy	RDP	 Active       Desktop	server.mydomain.com

[I 06/00000014] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - Performance Information: Server server.mydomain.com, CPU 0%, Memory 3%, Active Sessions 1, Disconnected Sessions 0
    [T 07/00000003] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - All Servers are upto date
    [T 07/00000003] Mon Oct 29 17:23:17 2007 - Waiting for connections
    [E 00/00000011] Mon Oct 29 17:24:38 2007 - Connection to localhost:81 failed
    It's definitely this port 81 thing. What is that for and do I need to install something else for it to work?

2. AnthonyV

AnthonyV Guest

Connection to localhost:81 failed +++

I put my question under this topic because the error is similar.

I also downloaded the trail, and going whole hog with a trial of 2X failed so I am now trying to build the setup piece by piece. The error mentioned in the topic is one of the first errors that I run into. The details follow:

Setup:
    • Citrix Server
      ICA (No RDP)
      Attempting to publish an application
      Not going to us 2X client app.

NOTE: When I connect direct to the Citrix server with the "Citrix Program Neighborhood" I need to specify the server because browsing is not configured (this is something I may not fiddle with)

Anyway, connecting direct to the Citrix Server works. Whether I choose TCP/IP or TCP/IP + HTTP, Desktop or Application, everything works as expected. The only thing is that I need to specify the server I want to talk to.

When I install the 2X Server, and set it up to point to the functional and tested Citrix Server (all on a local LAN) I start running into problems.

Setup:
    • One Citrix Server
      Only ICA (Not RDP)
      Ports 80 + 1494 enabled, (NO SSL)
      Agent reports OK
      Firewall on 2X server off (to avoid problems)

If I duplicate my functional connection in "Citrix Program Neighborhood" and modify it to point to the 2X server I get the following results.

• a) If I attempt to connect to the desktop (Not an application) and I used the protocol TCP/IP, then it works well and without an error.
      b) If I attempt to connect to the application and I used the protocol TCP/IP, then it errors out with the message: “Cannot connect to the Citrix Presentation Server. Unable to contact the Citrix Presentation Server Browser.”
      c) If I attempt to connect to the desktop (Not an application) and I used the protocol TCP/IP + HTTP, then it seems to work okay BUT there is an error “Connection to localhost:81 failed”. Note: the firewall on the 2X box has been disabled.
      d) If I attempt to connect to the application and I used the protocol TCP/IP + HTTP, then it errors out with the message: “Cannot connect to the Citrix Presentation Server. Unable to contact the Citrix Presentation Server Browser.”
    Any help would be appreciated.

Anthony

3. zippo

zippo Pro

Did you install the client?? Or if you want to connect via the browser did you install the WebPortal. I think you need to take a look at the manual.