Constantly fighting

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by karamba, Jun 6, 2018.

1. karamba

karamba Bit poster

I am required to use Parallels at work and I must say my experience was far not the best. I usually connect my laptop ( early 2016 macbook pro, OS X El Captain 10.11.6, Parallels 12.2.1 (41615) to two monitors (of different size an resolution) if it matters. Whenever I disconnect the laptop from the monitors often (but not always) cannot connect it back without problems. I have to reboot and restart everything many times with my virtual machine getting stuck at different stages of the startup process. It sometimes takes hours of constant rebooting till I manage to finally get it working.
    This is a company laptop and IT tried unsuccessfully helping me, including reinstalling everything including Mac OS, still the same problem. I tried almost all possible configuration settings I could google that promised to help the issue but of little outcome. This have been going on for 1.5 years and the problem is still there. I try to mitigate the issue by keeping the laptop always on, but sometimes I do have to reboot it and then the process repeats. Any hints that could help me to finally resolve it ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018