I'm applying V4 to my 3 VMs and something odd is happening. Each VM (that is, each .pvs) file was located in its own folder, along with some related files. When Parallels "converts" the VM that was within a folder, it also converts the entire folder into a package.
For example, I had a folder Ubuntu, which contained Ubuntu.pvs, Ubuntu.hdd and also some downloads related to this VM such as an Ubuntu install .iso, and the Aspell distribution tar files.
After "conversion" of the file Ubuntu/Ubuntu.pvs, there now exists only a package named Ubuntu-8.pvm.
Yes, I can right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents" and there are the files I had in the old folder (plus some more). But why does Parallels muck up my folder structure?
Also, why does it rename it (from "Ubuntu" to "Ubuntu-8")?
Thanks for any insights...
For example, I had a folder Ubuntu, which contained Ubuntu.pvs, Ubuntu.hdd and also some downloads related to this VM such as an Ubuntu install .iso, and the Aspell distribution tar files.
After "conversion" of the file Ubuntu/Ubuntu.pvs, there now exists only a package named Ubuntu-8.pvm.
Yes, I can right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents" and there are the files I had in the old folder (plus some more). But why does Parallels muck up my folder structure?
Also, why does it rename it (from "Ubuntu" to "Ubuntu-8")?
Thanks for any insights...