Converting bootcamp partition to virtual disk

JohnH01

Bit poster
Hi all, I'm experiencing an an issue with converting an existing bootcamp partition into a virtual machine. The conversion works (via Import Bootcamp), but there is then no way to shrink, compress or otherwise resize this virtual image.

Similar, to this forum posting back in March.

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=258506

This image shows what I think is the problem, when the import is done, all partitions on the bootcamp disk are imported, not just the final "Bootcamp" partition (see attachment).

I guess I'm not really asking for help, more just asking if this issue is being addressed and if so do you think some kind of fix is far away?

Many thanks for your excellent software, I'm enjoying it very much.

John
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 8.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 8.48.59 PM.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 13
that's weird. Did you try to get rid of other prtitions manually. The reason it is not resizable couse you have one GPT partiton there.
 
Back
Top