Copy and paste not working properly

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mark F, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Mark F

Mark F Member

Since I installed the new version of Parallels I cannot copy and paste from W10 to OS X. This is true whether I use the CTRL-C and then CMD V shortcuts or the actual copy and paste menue items under edit. I do not see a Configure setting that woujld effect this and help would be appreciated. Interestingly, I am able to drag a pdf file from the W10 desktop to the Mac desktop without problems.

THanks.

Mark F.

2. Hi Mark F. Please refer this article to enable Copy and Paste option between Mac OS X and Windows virtual machine.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi

Thank you for replying. I've read the article and the boxes mentioned are checked off as indicated. But I still cannot copy text from W10 and paste it to the Mac side. Whatever was already in the clipboard remains there and is not being replaced by the new material I copied on the W10 side.

Mark F
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow these steps to install Parallels Tools.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Prior to posting this message I successfully reinstalled Parallel Tools. The only difference between my reinstallation and the steps outlined in the support article is that I do not have a W10 dvd as it was downloaded from Microsoft.

To be clear, what I am not able to do is to copy and paste text from the W10 VM to the Mac side. I am able to drag a folder from the W10 desktop to the Mac desktop.

Mark F
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please check the e-mail we sent you.