Need help! Corrupt HDD
This afternoon Parallels kernel paniced on my mac. (It was a parallels with 1 snapshot included)
1. After reboot I got the message "... was used by another application..."
2. I followed article 4938 (remove the .lck file)
3. I then received the message "HDD file is missing, corrupted, or used by another application
4. I followed article 4680 -> no go!
5. tried with snapshot manager to return to state of the snapshot -> no go!
6. found out that DiskDescriptor.xml was empty; made now empty hdd on external disk -> copy the diskdescriptor.xml to problematic hdd-package -> no go!
7. edited xml-file with GUID's and ParentGUID's -> Parallels Desktop opens, but shows message that there is no Operating System on my VM
Hereby my xml:
8. tried Parallels Explorer to view contents of HDD -> no go!
As I trusted the snapshot, I have no other backups... How can I retrieve my data back!!!!
Please advice...?
Sincerely,
Sofie
This afternoon Parallels kernel paniced on my mac. (It was a parallels with 1 snapshot included)
1. After reboot I got the message "... was used by another application..."
2. I followed article 4938 (remove the .lck file)
3. I then received the message "HDD file is missing, corrupted, or used by another application
4. I followed article 4680 -> no go!
5. tried with snapshot manager to return to state of the snapshot -> no go!
6. found out that DiskDescriptor.xml was empty; made now empty hdd on external disk -> copy the diskdescriptor.xml to problematic hdd-package -> no go!
7. edited xml-file with GUID's and ParentGUID's -> Parallels Desktop opens, but shows message that there is no Operating System on my VM
Hereby my xml:
<Parallels_disk_image Version="1.0" >
<Disk_Parameters>
<Disk_size>143360784</Disk_size>
<Cylinders>142223</Cylinders>
<Heads>16</Heads>
<Sectors>63</Sectors>
<Miscellaneous>
<ChangeState>0</ChangeState>
<SuspendState>1</SuspendState>
</Miscellaneous>
</Disk_Parameters>
<StorageData>
<Storage>
<Start>0</Start>
<End>143360784</End>
<Blocksize>63</Blocksize>
<Image>
<GUID>{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}</GUID>
<Type>Plain</Type>
<Flags/>
<File>winvista.hdd.0.{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}.hds</File>
</Image>
<Image>
<GUID>{4816ed53-8d88-41a4-b9cf-79fc5b225767}</GUID>
<Type>Plain</Type>
<Flags/>
<File>winvista.hdd.0.{4816ed53-8d88-41a4-b9cf-79fc5b225767}.hds</File>
</Image>
</Storage>
</StorageData>
<Snapshots>
<Shot>
<GUID>{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}</GUID>
<ParentGUID>{4816ed53-8d88-41a4-b9cf-79fc5b225767}</ParentGUID>
</Shot>
<Shot>
<GUID>{4816ed53-8d88-41a4-b9cf-79fc5b225767}</GUID>
<ParentGUID>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}</ParentGUID>
</Shot>
</Snapshots>
</Parallels_disk_image>
8. tried Parallels Explorer to view contents of HDD -> no go!
As I trusted the snapshot, I have no other backups... How can I retrieve my data back!!!!
Please advice...?
Sincerely,
Sofie
Last edited: