Cortana not working in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WimH, Jul 3, 2015.

1. WimH

WimH Bit poster

I currently have the latest preview installed of Windows 10 (10162) and Cortana has not been working for me since I started testing it in Parallels Desktop.

When you click the Mic icon for Cortana it tells me "Something is wrong, try again in a little bit". Of course, because this is a preview, but it's nearing RTM I wanted to report this issue.

Not sure what debugging information you need from me, but I tried the following things:

- Tried a Windows version upgraded from 10130 to 10162
    - Clean install of 10162
    - Reinstalling Parallels Tools after every upgrade

Tried installing 10162 through VMWare Fusion and then the feature works without problem.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. WimH

WimH Bit poster

The issue is still persisting. Those were actually the first things I tried :)

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi WimH,
    Please go to Virtual Machine configure > Hardware > Sound > In the Input drop down menu select Built-in Input and close the Configuration window. > Restart Windows and check if the issue still persisting.

5. WimH

WimH Bit poster

Changed that around a bunch of times (including restarts). That doesn't seem to help.

As soon as I say "Hey Cortana", Windows reacts, but as soon as the Cortana window is displayed, she gives me the error message.

When I check the input levels of my microphone (in windows, sound configuration screen), they almost don't go up when I start talking. In the meanwhile I got the sound config screen of OSX open and they do go up there a lot.