Could somebody please tell me how to install Windows 10 Pro ?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FrankH11, Feb 9, 2018.

1. FrankH11

FrankH11 Bit poster

As I bought the license with Microsoft, they convinced me to buy the Pro version, as I am a professional user......major problem now, I can't use my key as parallels always installs Windows 10 home and I don't have a disc or USB ?
    I see there is Phone support but I don't find a number for Parallels....;-/
    Can somebody help me out ?

Many thanks

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello FrankH11,
    You have download Windows 10 ISO first.
    You can start the VM creation as mentioned here but when you are on the screen to select the ISO and continue to select "Locate Manually" then select "Continue without a source" then proceed to select Operating System.
    Choose the profile for your virtual machine.
    Give a name for the VM and create. You will get a no boot screen.
    Use Actions (on Mac menu bar) > Stop.
    Now you can see the empty VM on Parallels Desktop Control Center.
    Now you can mount the Windows 10 ISO and start the VM which will start Windows installation manually.
    Don't enter Windows key during installation select "I don't have a key". You can complete the activation after the installation is complete.

3. emancera

emancera Bit poster

Hi Ajith,

Unfortunately I followed your instructions and still can not install windows 10 in my parallels 10. It seems the software is not recognizing the ISO files or something. I have tried with different windows versions and nothing. The VM start loading, then it starts stopping and I get the following error message (see attached image).

I would really appreciate your help since I am not able to use parallels at all at this point.

Eugenio

Attached Files:

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello emancera, Windows 10 is not compatible with Parallels desktop 10, you can install Windows 7,8.1 or Windows XP. You can install Parallels Desktop 14 full version which is completely compatible with Windows 10 and the latest version of mac OS Mojave.

5. PhI1

PhI1 Bit poster

Hello, when I try to install Windows 10 from the official Microsoft iso, the installation starts but when you start asks for a driver for the disk that I have no way to find and obviously without can not continue

6. Hi, could you please provide us with the full issue description (in English if possible)

7. PhI1

PhI1 Bit poster

really says ???
    it is the third time that I explain it and my english is that of google translator, sorry.

1. as per your instructions I download the iso from the windows 10 pro microsoft website
    2. I open parallel and as you can see from the video, I manually choose the ISO image to upload
    3. I click on NEXT and the system seems to start
    4. a few seconds later it stops on the screen requesting a driver for an unspecified hardware component

8. PhI1

PhI1 Bit poster

the size of the iso file that i downloaded from the microsoft site, three times, with a fiber internet line is as per the attached image

Attached Files:

9. Sorry my bad, I meant the error/warning message that asked you for a unspecified driver. May be it provide you with any specific error number or just asked for the unspecified driver?
    Also thanks a lot for the provided screenshot, looks like that the size of file is OK.
    What is your Parallels Desktop version? Is it 15?

10. DeepakC

DeepakC Bit poster

Please Send me a guided link

11. PhI1

PhI1 Bit poster

when I do the "normal" installation it does not give any errors but only asks for a device driver such as a DVD or HDD, while in the second case, it gives the error that you can see in the video

Attached Files:

12. PhI1

PhI1 Bit poster

the video is loading... patience please.