StevenMiles
Bit poster
Hi,
I want to run Windows XP on my MacBook, so I can stop using my old IBM Thinkpad. First of all, if I import Windows XP onto my Mac, don't I now have two Windows XP installations? Do I need another Windows license? Do I buy another Windows XP installation disk?
Also, I'm confused, in browsing the information, whether I need BootCamp in order to run Parallels. I thought Parallels would allow me both OS's, and I can just leave BootCamp alone if I'm purchasing Parallels.
In Finder, or Windows Explorer, can I see the files in the *other* OS's area of the disk, to easily move files from the Mac area to the Windows area, and vice versa?
I promise I looked for answers to these, but didn't find. Thanks.
--Steve
I want to run Windows XP on my MacBook, so I can stop using my old IBM Thinkpad. First of all, if I import Windows XP onto my Mac, don't I now have two Windows XP installations? Do I need another Windows license? Do I buy another Windows XP installation disk?
Also, I'm confused, in browsing the information, whether I need BootCamp in order to run Parallels. I thought Parallels would allow me both OS's, and I can just leave BootCamp alone if I'm purchasing Parallels.
In Finder, or Windows Explorer, can I see the files in the *other* OS's area of the disk, to easily move files from the Mac area to the Windows area, and vice versa?
I promise I looked for answers to these, but didn't find. Thanks.
--Steve