cpu 99% suddenly slow software

SSTSST

Bit poster
all programs were running smoothly until I cleaned the PC from extraneous files.
Now when I open two programs they are extremely slow

the prl_cc.exe CPU was up to 99% then from a knowledge base article, in applications/ I unchecked 'show windows applications folder in dock'
rebooted parallels - cpu is still at 99% for parallels.

==================
macbook pro
mac 0x 10.7.5
2.2 ghz intel core i7 processor
memory 8 gb 1333 mhz ddr3

parallels 7

appreciate your solution
 
ok i figured it out - mcafee virus scan slows parallels.
i had deleted it - yet somehow it popped up today.
strange.
 
another cpu 99% system idel process

now when I open a larger software the System Idle Process CPU is 99%
what is causing this -
how can I lower the CPU?
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Idle_Process

"
The CPU time attributed to the idle process is therefore indicative of the amount of CPU time that is not needed or wanted by any other processes in the system."

"The idle process, in other words, is merely acting as a sort of placeholder during "free time" (therefore, whenever the idle process appears to be consuming most of the CPU, it is proof that no other process wants that CPU time)."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please

Speaking for myself, I would like to see Parallels dispense with the Support Desk Jujitsu and get busy fixing the CPU issue that so many have identified as a problem.
 
"[NOTE] I'm a Product Expert, that doesn't mean I'm affiliated with or work for Parallels."
 
Back
Top