Crackling sounds

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TravisM3, Jul 10, 2017.

1. TravisM3

TravisM3 Junior Member

I intermittently get these horrific crackling sounds. I can't recreate it intentionally unless it happens, then I get it to repeat by refreshing my web browser. Music and videos play fine on Mac and Windows. It only happens when I have Parallels running.

I have attached a video for reference. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wZ1gdnreJWeHkyVDRrVlE2YzA

2. JeffK4

JeffK4 Bit poster

3. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @TravisM3 In order to fix this, we would request you to follow the below steps and check it helps
    Start virtual machine.

Please take a snapshot of your virtual machine (in Parallels Desktop menu bar go to Virtual Machine -> Take snapshot...) before you proceed with the instruction below to be able to revert all the changes.

Press "cmd"+"R" combination, type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit Return (Enter) to run Device Manager.

Expand Sound, video and games controller and make sure that 8'Parallels Audio Controller'8 is installed.

If it is not: Right-click Audio controller -> Update Driver Software -> Click "Browse my computer for driver software" -> click "Let me pick from a list..." -> tick "Show compatible hardware" and choose "Parallels Audio Controller" -> click "Next". Proceed with the driver updating.

If there is no 'Parallels Audio Controller', update Parallels Tools (Virtual Machine -> Update Parallels Tools) and repeat 1-4 steps.
    Press "cmd"+"R" combination, type 'regedit' and Return (Enter) to run Registry Editor.

Locate and highlight
    `
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}'

key and look for 'UpperFilters' value in the right box:

Highlight 'UpperFilters' value and delete it:

Expand

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}'

key and check every subkey for 'KS' value. If you find it, delete it:

Reboot your virtual machine.

NOTE: it can be required to repeat 1-4 steps.