Crashes Upon Launch / Won't Launch

ScottRichardson

Bit poster
Hi all. For some reason, I can no longer launch Parallels Desktop 8 on my Mac Pro. It's just stopped working and I cannot pin down any particular event that would have caused it.

I have a print out of the error report if someone smarter than me may be able to decipher it?? I tried attaching it to this post but it's not working so I have included the first part of it below...

I really appreciate any help with this as I currently cannot test any of my web sites that we are building here without Parallels!

Kindest regards,

Scott

Process: prl_client_app [665]
Path: /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
Identifier: com.parallels.desktop.console
Version: ???
Build Info: Parallels-18354.823166~8.0.18354.823166
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [142]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2013-05-06 12:10:10.390 +1000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 52630 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 7
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Anonymous UUID: 1D53FA51-A822-1422-AEFB-D99F41031A37

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000103115000 [ 49.1M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff86c8a229 CFStringCompareWithOptionsAndLocale + 73
1 libPrlGui.1.dylib 0x000000010333b28e MacUtils::getOtherRunningAppInstanceVersion(bool*) + 350
2 prl_client_app 0x00000001001df8f4 0x100000000 + 1964276
3 prl_client_app 0x00000001001e007b 0x100000000 + 1966203
4 prl_client_app 0x000000010009aca4 0x100000000 + 634020
5 prl_client_app 0x000000010009414f 0x100000000 + 606543
6 prl_client_app 0x000000010000c3f4 start + 52

Thread 1:
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff8e6c06d6 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86ac2f4c _pthread_workq_return + 25
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86ac2d13 _pthread_wqthread + 412
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86aad1d1 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 2:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff8e6c0d16 kevent + 10
1 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8a1acdea _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 883
2 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8a1ac9ee _dispatch_mgr_thread + 54

Thread 3:
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff8e6c06d6 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86ac2f4c _pthread_workq_return + 25
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86ac2d13 _pthread_wqthread + 412
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff86aad1d1 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: 0x0000000000000000 rbx: 0x0000000000000000 rcx: 0x0000000000000015 rdx: 0x0000000000000000
rdi: 0x000000010a83f9e0 rsi: 0x0000000000000000 rbp: 0x00007fff5fbffa90 rsp: 0x00007fff5fbff600
r8: 0x0000000000000000 r9: 0x0000000000000000 r10: 0x00007fff9287844f r11: 0x00007fff86c8a130
r12: 0x0000000000000000 r13: 0x000000010a83d8a0 r14: 0x0000000000000000 r15: 0x000000010a830000
rip: 0x00007fff86c8a229 rfl: 0x0000000000010246 cr2: 0x0000000000000000
Logical CPU: 2
 
Back
Top