Creating a VM to run Lion or Leopard on Retina iMac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by BarryS2, Aug 15, 2015.

1. BarryS2

BarryS2 Bit poster

Hi all,

I have a Retina iMac running Yosemite, now I can't downgrade it to anything earlier so was looking to create a VM running Lion, Leopard or Mavericks so I can use iMovie HD, which lost its support in Yosemite

I have tried all 3, but I either get a "no OS found' message or a blue screen of death. I tried the Lion DVD and the Leopard DVD, both gave the BSOD, the Mavericks I tried was from an image.

I have partitioned part of my HD to accommodate the VM but it just won't work. I also had a message stating I can only use OSX Server Leopard or OSX Server Snow Leopard

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello BarryS2,
    To investigate the issue further we need you to submit a Problem Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to submit Problem Report:
    http://kb.parallels.com/9058
    NOTE: Please submit a report while reproducing the issue and provide us with generated ID number in your reply on this email. We will not be able to locate your Problem Report on the server without having its ID number.