Hello,
I have been trying to diagnose a problem for eight days now, trying to get Parallels to run. Tech support had me reinstall Parallels 5 with the newest build, but I continued to get an error message about contacting tech support for help.
This morning I accidentally clicked on "safe mode" instead of "start", and the gray Windows XP screen came up with the twirling animation thing, and it said "Creating snapshot...". I waited probably more than a half hour, then had to force quit. I re-booted my computer and tried starting Parallels again. Clicked "start", and it immediately went into "Creating snapshot...". I waited for another half hour plus (it's 10 a.m. eastern, and I've been at this since 8 a.m.), then decided to RE-reinstall.
I followed tech supports instructions to the letter, first uninstalled, then reinstalled, started Parallels, and SAME SCREEN came up immediately (Creating snapshot).
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I have been trying to diagnose a problem for eight days now, trying to get Parallels to run. Tech support had me reinstall Parallels 5 with the newest build, but I continued to get an error message about contacting tech support for help.
This morning I accidentally clicked on "safe mode" instead of "start", and the gray Windows XP screen came up with the twirling animation thing, and it said "Creating snapshot...". I waited probably more than a half hour, then had to force quit. I re-booted my computer and tried starting Parallels again. Clicked "start", and it immediately went into "Creating snapshot...". I waited for another half hour plus (it's 10 a.m. eastern, and I've been at this since 8 a.m.), then decided to RE-reinstall.
I followed tech supports instructions to the letter, first uninstalled, then reinstalled, started Parallels, and SAME SCREEN came up immediately (Creating snapshot).
Any suggestions?
Thanks