Deactivate a copy on a computer to activate on another

GregoireD

Bit poster
Hello,
I just switched from Fusion and have a license question.
I am aware that one license per copy/computer.
I read on another thread that it is possible to move an active license from a Mac to another Mac.
But I can't find a way to de-activate the license on the first Mac, like it is possible with Adobe products, so the license can be activated on another Mac. What is the procedure?
Thank you
 
I agree

I would also like to know this. I bought a new computer with Mountain Lion, and I want to migrate my Parallels install and VMs between these Macs.
 
According to this thread, it seems like, yes, you can do that.

Hello,

If you plan to buy a new Mac and continue usign Parallels Desktop you need:

1. Uninstall the software from the to-be-sold Mac before you sell this

2. Install Parallels Desktop onto the new Mac and activate using your current key

If you sell the old one with the software loaded and activated - in this case you would indeed need to purchase a new license for the new Mac. However if you wipe Parallels from the old one before selling this you can use the same copy on the new one.

I've just bought my license of PD8 and the same question came out. I'll probably contact support just to make sure.
Btw, GregoireD, did you already migrated? Any licensing issues?
 
Back
Top