I recently increased the size of my Parallels VM on my macbook. I followed the instructions I found on the Parallels site and had no problem doing this. What I did however, was increase it to a larger size than I will ever need. I now want to "reverse" part of the process and reduce the size of the VM on my macbook.
I cannot find any easy instructions that show how to do this. I was hoping it was just as easy as increasing the size by running Parallels Image Tool after I reduce the size of the Windows partition in Windows by using the Disk Management Utility. Once this was done, I was hoping to go into Parallels Image Tool and decreasing the size of the partition. I have been unable to find any confirmation that this approach works. Some have suggested processes that are convoluted at best. I was hoping that reversing the process would be just as straight forward. I hate experimenting in case I mess up the whole VM trying to do this.
Has anyone reduced the size of the VM as I outlined? If not, are there any fairly simple processes to do it?
Thanks....
I cannot find any easy instructions that show how to do this. I was hoping it was just as easy as increasing the size by running Parallels Image Tool after I reduce the size of the Windows partition in Windows by using the Disk Management Utility. Once this was done, I was hoping to go into Parallels Image Tool and decreasing the size of the partition. I have been unable to find any confirmation that this approach works. Some have suggested processes that are convoluted at best. I was hoping that reversing the process would be just as straight forward. I hate experimenting in case I mess up the whole VM trying to do this.
Has anyone reduced the size of the VM as I outlined? If not, are there any fairly simple processes to do it?
Thanks....