Delete Path from Virtual Machines Folder?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Claus2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Claus2

Claus2 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have in the Settings "General / Virtual Machines folder a path that no longer exits. How can I delete this from the list?

Please excuse my bad English.

Best regards

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Claus2,
    We are unable to understand the issue. Is it possible to describe the issue with a screenshot?

3. Claus2

Claus2 Bit poster

Hello,
    thanks for your help!

Here is a screenshoot.

Many greetings

Attached Files:

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Claus2 , can you please let us know the reason why you would like to delete the path?

5. Claus2

Claus2 Bit poster

Hi,

this has no particular reason. I do not use this path anymore. Is not that important. I just wanted to know if that works in principle.

Greetings

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If multiple new paths are added then the old paths will get removed automatically.

7. HansF4

HansF4 Bit poster

But is it also possible to delete a path explicitly? I have one in the list of which the directory doesn't exist anymore.

8. Hi, please provide us with more details? What you exactly would like to do?

9. HansF4

HansF4 Bit poster

Hi, I want to delete the folder /Users/Hans/test from the Virtual Machines Folder list (it must be stored somewhere in a configuration file).
    I added it through Preferences -> General as a test but I want to remove it now either via this popup or otherwise.

10. And you cannot find your test folder, right?

11. HansF4

HansF4 Bit poster

Yes, can find it but I do not know how to remove it (from Parallels).
    I simply want to delete a folder out of the list of folders that is shown through Preferences -> General in the Virtual Machines Folder. I added screenshots to make it crystal clear. I want that directory /Users/Hans/test removed from that popup list. The popup window.png is the window that you get when selecting the Virtual Machines Folder in root window.png. I can't make it more clear than this.

Attached Files: