Desktop 14 - Dialogue box - To Open Windows files in macOS applications... Unable to click allow

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EdsonS, Oct 7, 2018.

1. EdsonS

EdsonS Member

So getting this dialogue box appears when non native windows apps are clicked and the extensions relate to an OSX application.

I get this popup come up and I am unable to click allow once, always allow and or cancel. Unable to click any option.

Anyone else get the same issue?
    Screenshot 2018-10-07 22.23.31.jpg

[​IMG]

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @EdsonS , please try to uninstall and reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that helps.

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @EdsonS, we have reported this issue to Parallels Engineering for investigation, sorry for the inconvenience.

4. IDF

IDF Member

Me too. Waiting for support to "send me KB articles." What is going on here? It looks to me like I will have to FORCE QUITE my Windows VM??? I have used Parallels for years and never saw this.

I am using Parallels 14 on High Sierra, because I have read that Parallels 13 is not compatible with Mojave, so I upgraded Parallels first.

It's not possible to reinstall Parallels tools, because everything in VM is hung including Configure and including all Actions. Configure is gray, all Actions are gray. Cannot even "stop" VM because that action is gray.

So I just sit here staring at this frozen VM.

On the VM menu, one of the few options available is to Quit, but -- I have not tried that yet. I'm still waiting for the email from Support which is very slow in coming...

What do you recommend? Assuming I can recover this VM - I save the entire VM to an external drive before upgrading Parallels - is this going to happen again??? Is there a way to grant permission to a VM in its configuration BEFORE actually trying to open a Windows file on the Mac?

5. RossF2

RossF2 Bit poster

Good Day

I am receving the same statement whenever I try and open an Excel file originally created on MAC Excel on Windows Excel? Please advise as this is highly frustrating!