[Desktop10] How can I clear the Source socket list from serial port?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HeejuneK, Jul 21, 2015.

1. HeejuneK

HeejuneK Bit poster

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to clear the Source: socket list which I created from Serial Port item, but no luck so far. I created few sockets for test purpose by clicking 'New socket' but it seems not providing 'remove' that sockets I added. How can I remove and clear the list?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi HeejuneK,
    Please follow the steps below:
    1. Shut down the virtual machine.
    2. Open virtual machine configure >> Hardware >> Select the Serial Port >> and click on the "-" to remove.

3. HeejuneK

HeejuneK Bit poster

Hi Dhruba,
    Thanks for the quick response! However, it seemed that the description I noted above was not enough, sorry about that.
    What clicking the '-' does just removing the hardware(in this case, serial port device) itself, but I actually want is to remove the sockets I created within Serial port device. For example, if you open the screen capture I attached from the first, you would see three serial sockets created as '/tmp/pcdbg1, dbgport1 and \\.\pipe\serial1'. I also removed the Serial Port device and created again, but the sockets still are still remained. Moreover, the list still exist every other VMs as well.
    Thanks.

4. @HeejuneK I'd like to let you know that we have involved our Development Team in this case. They are currently working on the resolution and once we received any updates we will let you know.