DevotedLotsToParallelsNowMacSeemsSlow

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by beisen808, Apr 4, 2016.

1. beisen808

beisen808 Bit poster

Hi,

Im using parallels to use a resource intensive program on my Mac. So i devoted alot of the memory to the virtual machine. When i close Parallels and the Virtual machine and am now only using my Mac my whole memory and resources are supposed to be used for just my Mac now right? However, my Mac is noticeably slower now. Maybe i just need to restart my Mac after closing the Parellels everytime?

edit: yes, i just restarted and its working fine/normal now. So im wondering, is there a way to make sure the Parallels is completely turned off and not taking any resources anymore? (i make sure to hit the quit parallels and all that). Anyways, i can just quickly restart everytime and that seems to remedy the problem either way.

Any pointers or help is much appreciated,

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hey Brandon, you can turn off Parallels Desktop for Mac completely from the following ways:
    1. Locate Parallels Desktop for Mac on the OS X menu bar and click Quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2. Open Activity Monitor on Mac and check if you are able to locate Parallels Desktop for Mac in it. If yes, select it and click Quit.