happyrobot
Bit poster
Happy pre-new years everyone.
Last March I bought a shiny new Macbook Pro and a copy of Parallels. I installed my copy of Parallels Desktop 5 and all has been fine since then. It's worked well and I've had no complaints.
Until this morning.
I click the Parallels icon on my dock and instead of the usual Parallels start-up window, I get a window telling me that I have to register my copy of Parallels. That is odd I think, because when I installed it I had to enter the serial number.
I enter the serial number again and that all seems to go through.
Now, when I try to open Parallels I get the "New Virtual Machine Assistant" window that is wanting me to point it to the CD of the OS so that it can install a new operating system.
Dubya.Tee.Eff?
My copy of Windows that had files and programs installed and had been working fine for months seems to have vanished.
Am I missing something?
Is it all lost?
Any idea where my XP went?
Last March I bought a shiny new Macbook Pro and a copy of Parallels. I installed my copy of Parallels Desktop 5 and all has been fine since then. It's worked well and I've had no complaints.
Until this morning.
I click the Parallels icon on my dock and instead of the usual Parallels start-up window, I get a window telling me that I have to register my copy of Parallels. That is odd I think, because when I installed it I had to enter the serial number.
I enter the serial number again and that all seems to go through.
Now, when I try to open Parallels I get the "New Virtual Machine Assistant" window that is wanting me to point it to the CD of the OS so that it can install a new operating system.
Dubya.Tee.Eff?
My copy of Windows that had files and programs installed and had been working fine for months seems to have vanished.
Am I missing something?
Is it all lost?
Any idea where my XP went?