Difficulty even finding how to post a question on Forum Plus Q regarding Windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JamesS6, Mar 2, 2016.

1. JamesS6

JamesS6 Bit poster

I must say it was very difficult to find how to post on a Forum. Is it deliberately made difficult by the Parallels company? I had to flounder all over the so-called support addresses before finding this. Anyone have any tips for how to do this efficiently? Moreover, I bought a P for Mac professional subscription and the support code page says I have some 300 days of support by telephone or email, but seems impossible to find how to call or email support. It just sends me to page to buy support for $20.

My system question is as follows: I've installed Windows 7 using Parallels 11. For the time being I just want to run a windows based app (Quicken for Windows) and don't want the Windows program to log onto the internet. Is there some effective way to prevent any of the Windows 7 programs from logging on to the internet? Related question: What is a good source of information on the security issues involved in using Windows under Parallels for the Mac? My 1-month Kaspersky subscription expired and it doesn't seem to want to let me subscribe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. New User

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi James, to disconnect the virtual machine from Network. Open virtual machine configure > Hardware tab > Network > Disconnect.

3. wenfeen

wenfeen Member

I have to agree that trying to start a conversation in Parallels forum is not simple. Why do we have to "start a conversation" with two members? Can't we simply post a question and hope that someone can answer? That's the experience I've successfully had with other software forums.

4. LokeshP

LokeshP Bit poster

OMG.. i had the same problem.. I went to my account it says I have 263 days left for email, chat and phone support but bloody-helll can not find any of the contact details on the website..

I don't use facebook and twitter so both contact mediums are useless for socially disconnected people like me.. then I finally registered on the forum and still can not find how to create a new post.. so m just posting my question here as a reply..

I subscirbed to parallels 11 last year and since I upgraded to Capitan EI.. windows 7 takes 10 minutes too boot :/ Can any one give me support phone number or live chat link please? thanks

5. rccharles

rccharles Bit poster

How in the world do I create a new conversation/discussion/thread? Seems to be a growing plague on the internet. I'll keep looking.

6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

To contact Parallels Support, please click here

7. GillJ

GillJ Bit poster

Could someone please tell me how to start a post of contact Parallels I have been trying for the last 8 hours frustrated :( appreciate any help

8. ChrisC26

ChrisC26 Bit poster

This is so frustrating. How do you post a question for support?
    I've run into an issue with Parallels and am not sure how to fix it.
    My friend was running Mac Yosemite with Parallels 10 and Windows 7.
    Recently, he received notification from Windows 7 that there were updates.
    He updated and the problems came. First, his computer screen became erratic, with program windows resizing and jumping around. Then when he entered data in a field, there was a lag time between pressing a key and the info appearing.

I went over to help him. First thing is rebooting computer. We noticed that he needed Mac OS updates, so we did that. He's now running High Sierra. Then, we tried running his Windows programs with Parallels 10. It would start, then suddenly we'd get the message in a black window:

No boot device is available, press enter to continue.

Then, we'd get another pop up. This one said "Click continue to connect the parallels tools installation image to this virtual machine and start the installation. If it doesn't start automatically, open your cd/dvd drive in Windows and double click setup.exe." We couldn't anything there, because we coudlnt't access Windows desktop to see the cd/dvd.

Then, we'd try again, and get a message "There's no operating system installed" or something similar. This is confusing because we can see the various windows programs in the Mac Dock.

We updated Parallels to version 13. Same problems.

So, not sure how to fix this. It's extremely important that we do not lose any of the data from the programs in windows. Is there a way to get back up the data that we input in windows, and then reinstall everything from scratch?

Thank you,

Chris

9. DeniseV1

DeniseV1 Bit poster

Having difficulty myself posting to forum. Here's my dilemma:

Somehow I exited coherence mode in Win 10/Parallels 13/High Sierra using dual monitors. I need coherence to pass between monitors, but the Windows control center is grayed out. Read that I may need to remove and reinstall Parallels Tools. Even though I closed Windows 10 and Parallels, the Mac OS tells me Parallels Tools is running. This is becoming quite Kafkaesque. I have rebooted to no avail. Need some good advice quickly! Thanks.

10. JerryT4

JerryT4 Bit poster

I have been a Parallels user since version 6 on my MacBook Pro. I now want to remove it. I cannot use the program because my subscription has expired. I want to free up the space on my hard drive, so I can go back to boot camp. I don't like the subscription business model that forces you to upgrade all the time. I accidentally upgraded this last time. They make it sound like it's then end of the world if you don't upgrade the program. I don't have a need to upgrade to the latest and greatest version all the time. So can someone tell me HOW to uninstall all of the files that paralles has put on my Mac??

11. Hi, please check this KB article for more information and let us know if it's not that case.

12. RobertB47

RobertB47 Member

Please post how to begin/enter a new post without doing it in some random existing post like I'm doing now ... please!!

KhM11 likes this.