DiskWarrior 4.4 shows Parallels Icon damaged!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by micdim, Nov 26, 2013.

1. micdim

micdim Junior Member

I keep getting an error when I use DiskWarrior 4.4 on my Mac OS 10.8.5

Error Message DiskWarrior Gives:

File: "Icon"
    Detected that the resource header is damaged and cannot be repaired

-------------------

Does anyone know if this is an issue, and can cause problems? If so, any remedies?

Thanks in advance!
    Micimd

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

It's harmless. You can try reinstalling Parallels and see if that fixes the error. But that's just an icon file, an image, the worst it can happen is having an ugly icon.

3. micdim

micdim Junior Member

Thanks for your help.

Tech support also told me to re-install it, but it works just fine, and the icon look fine also.

It's just annoying getting this error message from DiskWarrior.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

If you find it so annoying just reinstall, it's painless, your settings and vms are preserved.

5. micdim

micdim Junior Member

Thanks Specimen!

6. Chacapamac

Chacapamac Junior Member

Same with Parallels 13.2 -- El Capitan and Diskwarrior 5 - Annoying!

- Also this is problems that can occurs when an icon is damaged -->
    If the icon file is damaged the custom icon will not be displayed properly and may cause the Finder to quit unexpectedly

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. BettyB1

BettyB1 Bit poster

Solved!! This has been bugging me more years than I care to count. Every computer I install Parallels on gives me this error with every version of Diskwarrior Ive used.
    Here is how I finally fixed it. Summary: copy Parallels icon image - save it - replace Parallels app icon with a different icon - save - then replace that icon with a saved jpg version of the Parallels app icon.

Details: I did a "get info" on the Parallels app. Clicked the icon in the upper left and copied. Pasted into Photoshop and saved as jpg on my desktop. Them I did a "get info" on another folder - clicked its icon in upper left of window and copied. Next I pasted that icon on the Parallales icon in the open Parallels "get info" window. Closed "get info" windows to be sure change took effect. Next - Copied my saved Parallels image in Photoshop so it was in my clipboard. Opened a new parallels app "get info" window.. Clicked on the mismatched icon I had previously pasted on it and replaced it with my photoshop saved version of the Parallels icon image. Now when I run Diskwarrior I get no error which cannot be repaired.