Display Settings not stored on Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac

kvandenbroek

Junior Member
I have a problem where the display settings I choose are not kept or stored, so that I have to re-set the resolution and the screen saver delay each time I start the virtual machine.

Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac (Build 5.0.9344)
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Windows XP (with all updates)

I typically set Settings > Control Panel > Display to a Settings Screen resolution of 1152 by 720 pixels and the Screen Saver to 10 minutes.

I had the same problem with Parallels Desktop 4 and Mac OS X 10.5 on my MacBook Pro.

Does anyone have a way to keep the display settings from one startup to the next?
 
The issue went away on its own once I increased the RAM used by the Guest OS from 1Gb to 1.5Gb.

To do this I increased the RAM in my MacBook Pro from 2Gb to 3Gb (the max), and in Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac, set Virtual Machine Configuration > General > Main memory: to 1532Mb.

Configuration
Platform: MacBook Pro 17-inch: 2.33GHz (MA611LL/A), with 3Gb RAM (was 2Gb when problem recognized)
OS: MacOS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (with all updates)
Guest OS: Windows XP SP3 (with all updates)
 
Thanks. I've had 1.5G of mem from the beginning. I'm running Mac OSX 10.6 with 4G mem, 2.53Ghz processor. I'll try upgrading to XP SP3. I'm on SP2 now. Best.
 
Back
Top