ElizabethP
Bit poster
I am running Parallels 7 on a MacBook Air, supporting OS 10.7.5 and Windows 7. The important thing to know is MacBook Air = very limited storage.
Parallels eats a big hunk of storage, more and more as it generates snapshots. With diminishing storage, I tried to delete one of three snapshots, but got a message saying I didn't have enough memory to merge them. I ended up deleting one through Omni Disk Sweep. Catastrophe. Won't bore you with the details.......but my MBA is now living at the shop, where I think the whole bloody thing is having everything reinstalled.
So here is my question: Can I simply turn off this Snapshot function? (If so, how?) What is the downside? My MBA is really only a secondary device -- I do most work at a Windows desktop. I use the MBA for traveling, going to meetings --mostly notetaking. The files I work on are backed up through Dropbox or Cubby. Some also live in an attached external hard drive (that storage problem). And I have another drive for TimeMachine backups.
And here is a related question: Does TimeMachine back up only the Mac side? Does it also bac kup the Windows VM?
Parallels eats a big hunk of storage, more and more as it generates snapshots. With diminishing storage, I tried to delete one of three snapshots, but got a message saying I didn't have enough memory to merge them. I ended up deleting one through Omni Disk Sweep. Catastrophe. Won't bore you with the details.......but my MBA is now living at the shop, where I think the whole bloody thing is having everything reinstalled.
So here is my question: Can I simply turn off this Snapshot function? (If so, how?) What is the downside? My MBA is really only a secondary device -- I do most work at a Windows desktop. I use the MBA for traveling, going to meetings --mostly notetaking. The files I work on are backed up through Dropbox or Cubby. Some also live in an attached external hard drive (that storage problem). And I have another drive for TimeMachine backups.
And here is a related question: Does TimeMachine back up only the Mac side? Does it also bac kup the Windows VM?