DO NOT LET THEM CONTROL YOUR COMP! Tech Support Deleted Things off my machine without my clearance

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JosefL4, Jun 19, 2019.

1. JosefL4

JosefL4 Bit poster

I called in to tech support because i was having issues extending the partitioned hard drive space on my virtual machine. After over an hour of useless messing around and me asking over and over what she was doing with no sufficient explanation, all with full access granted by their LOGMEIN123 app, she had not fixed anything, created a second virtual machine, opened up random files and looked at random file properties, had me plug in and unplugged my external hard drive but we couldn't utilize that (thankfully I unplugged it before the next part!!), and then she opens up the C: promt in windows. She pull sup my disk partitions and starts deleting things. She fully deleted and entire partition before I realized that she HAD NO IDEA what she was doing and stopped her. Then she shows me what's she's working off of. It's just an article off their trouble shooting website. She was literally cutting and pasting text from the article into the C: prompt!!! That article is not specific to my machine and because she was paying little to no attention and clearly has no idea what she was doing she first tried to delete partition 3 on my machine but that wasn't allowed by OEM code so she moved on up the list and before I could stop her she deleted partition four.

I'm FURIOUS!! She's not telling me what she's doing, she's not sure what's she's doing, she's not asking permission, she's not reading the text on the screen to make accurate and informed decisions and she's deleting things.

How do I recover that partition?? I don't believe it's possible. I don't know what to do but I haven't been this mad in decades!!! DECADES!! WORST TECH SUPPORT EVER. Actually ruining my ability to do my job and use my machine, which by the way has over $40,000 of software on it and 3 years of progressive work.

Then at the end, she fumbled around trying to figure out what she had done because I stopped her and she couldn't even recall what actions she had taken. I demanded to speak with her manager and she put me on hold then came back and ended the call!

2. Hi @JosefL4, please accept our apologize fr the inconvenience.
    Does your VM is working now? According to your support ticket, disk size has been increased, could you please confirm this?