Do you want to change your default web browser to "Parallels Desktop" or Keep using "Safari"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeH3, Nov 20, 2018.

1. MikeH3

MikeH3 Bit poster

This pops up every time i start my VM.
    Do you want to change your default web browser to "Parallels Desktop" or Keep using "Safari"

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MikeH3 , please try to uninstall Parallels Desktop and check if that works.

3. MikeH3

MikeH3 Bit poster

I have 6 virtual machines on here. It was fine for last 3 years but just created a new virtual machine with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and now this comes up each time.

4. MikeH3

MikeH3 Bit poster

How can i resolve this. starting to drive me crazy. i don't want to lose all my virtual machines and work.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please shut Windows down, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Options -> Web & Email and select 'Default' for both 'Web pages' and 'Email'. Close this window now. Next, navigate to Apple Icon -> System Preferences... -> General and set 'Default web browser:' to 'Safari'. Close this window now and see if the issue re-occurs.

6. MikeH3

MikeH3 Bit poster

YES! that corrected the issue. You rock thanks!
    I believe it was setting the VM configured for "default" that made the difference.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

That's great! You are welcome. Please reach out again for any further queries.