"Documents" folder access

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MicheleA, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MicheleA

MicheleA Bit poster

I move the "documents" folder of my Mac to an extern drive, by creating an alias in the right position on my Mac. My problem is that now the Windows 10 WM sees the documents folder as a network source instead of a unified folder of Mac/Windows and if I try to explore the "documents" Windows folder, the system returns that I don't have the permissions to access ... The same result I get if an installation program try to place something in that folder.
    How can I solve this problem?
    Thanks

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MicheleA, Parallels Support Here! If you connect the External to the Mac it will show as a Network Drive in Windows virtual machine. We would request you to connect the External Hard Drive directly to the Windows virtual machine http://kb.parallels.com/122993 and check if it helps. Thanks, Shathish

3. MicheleA

MicheleA Bit poster

If I do so, I lose the advantage of creating more space on my Mac system drive (I own a MBP 15" with 500 GB SDD) ... Is there a different solution?