Documents will not print with Parallels 12

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Hi, which version of Parallels Desktop are you using?
    Please provide us with more details? Did you get any error message during the printing process? Or may be you're not able to print from any specific app?

2. JonP6

JonP6 Bit poster

I have this same problem intermittently.

When printing from Excel, Word, Powerpoint apps within Parallels, the printing works fine if "show page set-up options before printing" is UNCHECKED
    When "show page set-up options before printing" is CHECKED the page setup dialog appears for a while but eventually stops working with the error message "The document failed to print. There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document".
    It works fine to print the same documents from the Mac environment Office Apps so the error would seem to lie with the interaction between Parallels/Windows.

Sometimes the error can be fixed by unchecking the box, printing and then checking the box again.
    Sometimes the error is only fixed by rebooting Windows
    Sometimes the error is only fixed by rebooting Parallels
    Sometimes the error is only fixed by restarting the Mac entirely

I can only achieve the printing formatting that I need by using the page setup dialog - so UNCHECKED is not a solution
    I want to work in Windows - so using the Mac Office 365 products is not a solution
    I do not want to keep swapping backwards and forwards between Mac and Windows simply to do a simple task such as printing.
    I'll be moving back to an entirely Windows environment and ditching Parallels (which in all other respects has been a great environment and allowed me to do some very complex multi-threaded deep OS-based progging over the last 10 years) if this issue continues to rumble on unresolved beyond my next machine upgrade.

Windows 10 - fully patched to 30 Oct 2019
    Parallels 15 Business (46967)
    Parallels Tools 3.6.1 (2608)

Jon

3. HassoW

HassoW Bit poster

Is there any solution for this yet?
    One of our customers has this issue with some PDF files. When ticking the box "print as image" it works fine.
    Parallels Desktop v 16.5.1, Parallels Toolbox v 5.1.0 and W10 Pro 10.0.19043