Does Parallel 8 activation include Windows 8?

MattWalkerNCL

Bit poster
Hi all,

I downloaded the trial version of Parallels Desktop 8 and there was an option to download Windows 8 preview version (3.3gb) - Im wondering, if I follow through and purchase Parallels 8, does anyone know if this preview version will become unlocked/ upgraded to Windows 8, or will I have to buy that additionally? I dont own any previous versions of Windows you see...


Cheers,


Matt
 
Hi MattWalkerNCL,

Parallels Desktop is a virtualization software which enables you to run Windows programs on your Mac, but you should have Windows in hands to install it using Parallels Desktop for Mac.

Windows 8 Preview you downloaded is free of charge, but it has a limited time to work (depending on Microsoft). You can upgrade your Windows 8 Preview to Windows 8 Full Version, but it will not transfer your applications: http://kb.parallels.com/114985

So you should probably consider buying a full version license of Windows 8 from Microsoft to avoid future upgrade hassles.

Here is more information about getting started: http://kb.parallels.com/115116
 
Back
Top