Does Parallels "know" I upgrade to Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StevenB4, May 25, 2016.

1. StevenB4

StevenB4 Bit poster

Following "instructions" from Parallel support I've completed upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (including a reinstallation of Parallel Tools). At least Windows sure looks all new. But Parallel still labels my VM as Windows 7 - in the drop down from Parallel ikon in the Mac tool bar; in the bar at the top of Mac windows that opens for Windows in Parallel , etc. I've closed and reopened Parallel and Windows several time, without changing this. So, what gives?
    How do I get Parallel to label that the VM is running Windows 10?
    Or, does it matter - everything seems to running fine in the VM (on limited checks, so far) and also on the Mac side.

2. mmika

mmika Pro

Did you try to change OS type in VM configuration editor?

3. StevenB4

StevenB4 Bit poster

Thanks - that worked! Hadn't seen anything about that last step, and didn't think to look in the config editor. Problem solved (although now it looks as though I will have to increase my VM disk space since the install used up most of the available space).

4. Hello StevenB4,
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the article to increase the hard disk space of your Windows virtual machine.
    If your hard disk space still remains the same as it was before after increasing it in File Explorer then please try to increase the size of the desired partition, using the Disk part program.