Windows 8 works in Parallels 8
I am as we speak downloading Windows 8 after purchasing the Windows 8 "upgrade" from within the Windows 8 preview in Parallels 8.
Parallels 8 comes installed with a link to create the VM with a Free Preview version of Windows 8, which is time limited - 30 days I think. You do have to download it from within Parallels.
Having no existing Windows version to "upgrade" for this Parallels VM, I was at a loss as to how I could buy a full version of Windows 8 after the Preview ran out. But good news; apparently the Preview is an Upgradable version.
Microsoft does NOT sell the Builder (Full Version) of Windows 8 on their site as far as I can tell. You can find it on Newegg.com etc.. It is double the price of the upgrade.
Buying a builder DVD was the route I was going to go, but after chatting with Parallels support she confirmed that the $39.99 ERP upgrade would work. So I went into Parallels, and clicked on the Windows 8 Preview ACTIVATE button, downloaded the $39.99 ERP upgrade tool, it then checked my VM, and led me to purchasing the $39.99 Upgrade.
The only bummer is it apparently is another full download.. I thought it might just be a key I needed to activate it.
Download is taking about 1 hour on a T-1