Dont waste your time if start menu quits in w10x64 with p11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by pkofman@rogers.com, Jan 28, 2016.

1. pkofman@rogers.com

pkofman@rogers.com Member

I have p11 and w10 on a macbook pro
    I have been using parallels since v6
    I installed p11 and it continually failed to work .
    My start menu/ tool bar would quit every time windows updated or a snapshot was taken

This all started back in July
    I called in for support at least 15 times
    They said it was a know issue
    The first line support was able to temp fix things but it would quit again.

The most absurd thing support said to me was ..... " its a microsoft problem..call them "
    Well thats sort of crazy... I bought p11 to work with windows. I did not buy w10 to work with p11??

The solution to this and it will solve the problem and save you lots of time is to ask for your issue to be escalated
    The level two guys have a utility that can reset the desktop ..Level 2 actually ran a utility..ClearTDL and it worked and seems to have fixed the issue
    If you have this problem then ask for 2nd support for this fix or at least investigate it .. it might save you tons of time and hopefully gets things back on track
    My vm has been working since this fix.. ( about 2 weeks )
    I am now NOT able to take a snapshot but ill work on it.
    Seem support is unable to fix that either but at least the VM is now working after almost 6 months and 15 calls to support.
    Peter

2. DennisT4

DennisT4 Junior Member

Yeah, I got the same type of responses after an hour letting the guy take over my computer. Blaming Microsoft or my installation.
    He will escalate after I have tried to reinstall...
    Clearing the TDL thing actually took away some of the icons, which alerted me that there was a problem in the first place, so I didn't see that as a fix.
    The standard Microsoft Edge and Windows Store icons are no longer on my task bar. Not that I use them, but that was part of the original issue and when I open the start menu, most of the bricks live icons are now gone, except for Cortona.
    I don't see how that is a fix.
    Anyway, I have other issues such as I can't get the computer to see my rest of the home network and I was told to use Bridged rather than default (which was also pointing to bridged)...so I don't why he said that to me.
    What a pain.