pkofman@rogers.com
Member
I have p11 and w10 on a macbook pro
I have been using parallels since v6
I installed p11 and it continually failed to work .
My start menu/ tool bar would quit every time windows updated or a snapshot was taken
This all started back in July
I called in for support at least 15 times
They said it was a know issue
The first line support was able to temp fix things but it would quit again.
The most absurd thing support said to me was ..... " its a microsoft problem..call them "
Well thats sort of crazy... I bought p11 to work with windows. I did not buy w10 to work with p11??
The solution to this and it will solve the problem and save you lots of time is to ask for your issue to be escalated
The level two guys have a utility that can reset the desktop ..Level 2 actually ran a utility..ClearTDL and it worked and seems to have fixed the issue
If you have this problem then ask for 2nd support for this fix or at least investigate it .. it might save you tons of time and hopefully gets things back on track
My vm has been working since this fix.. ( about 2 weeks )
I am now NOT able to take a snapshot but ill work on it.
Seem support is unable to fix that either but at least the VM is now working after almost 6 months and 15 calls to support.
Peter
I have been using parallels since v6
I installed p11 and it continually failed to work .
My start menu/ tool bar would quit every time windows updated or a snapshot was taken
This all started back in July
I called in for support at least 15 times
They said it was a know issue
The first line support was able to temp fix things but it would quit again.
The most absurd thing support said to me was ..... " its a microsoft problem..call them "
Well thats sort of crazy... I bought p11 to work with windows. I did not buy w10 to work with p11??
The solution to this and it will solve the problem and save you lots of time is to ask for your issue to be escalated
The level two guys have a utility that can reset the desktop ..Level 2 actually ran a utility..ClearTDL and it worked and seems to have fixed the issue
If you have this problem then ask for 2nd support for this fix or at least investigate it .. it might save you tons of time and hopefully gets things back on track
My vm has been working since this fix.. ( about 2 weeks )
I am now NOT able to take a snapshot but ill work on it.
Seem support is unable to fix that either but at least the VM is now working after almost 6 months and 15 calls to support.
Peter