Download Video (can't download YouTube videos)

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Ville, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Ville

Ville Bit poster

Hi,

I can't download some of those longer (~ 1 hour) videos on YouTube. I'll get error message, Failed to get the video. This video service may not be supported...

Example:

2. Beijder

Beijder Bit poster

Same here. Since the latest update not any download on Youtube works.
    Video's and Audio downloads all fail with the error message that this service may not be supported!
    I'm running Version 3.9.1 build 3170 on Macbook with Catalina 10.15.5

3. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    we're working in this issue, fix will be available soon.

Ville likes this.
  4. TonyRich

TonyRich Bit poster

Having the same problem as Beijder. Same hardware and software. Any progress on a fix? Was working OK before upgrading to Catalina.

5. sergk

Hello,

we found an issue and continue work on it. Preliminary the fix will be available next week.

6. I have the same problem with audio and video downloads. All started since the new update.

7. sergk

> All started since the new update.
    It is just coincidence. Youtube has changed theirs API to access the videos. Currently we're adapting Parallels Toolbox for these changes.

8. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

Thanks guys, I figured this was the case as it broke simultaneously on Windows and Mac toolboxen, only one of which had I updated.

9. Francisco9

Francisco9 Bit poster

Hi, I'm new in this foro.. And I've de same error since the las update.. (my currently version is = Versión 4.0.0 (3231) and is impossible download video of YouTube.. pleas help me.. Today is Aug 01 2020

10. sergk

Hello,
    please provide us a link to a video (if issue is actual for certain video) and technical report ID (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107).

11. MarkH37

MarkH37 Bit poster

For me the entire YouTube video downloads, but the saved file is only two seconds long.
    This started with the most recent update: Version 4.0.0 (3231)

12. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

Update for those following this: it's working for me again on YouTube; I don't think Tools updated, but it once again recognizes YouTube videos.

13. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Parallels Toolbox features a feature to silently adapt to the changes on various sites to resolve issues with downloads

14. MichaelM38

MichaelM38 Bit poster

I can't download some of those longer (~ 1 hour) videos on YouTube. I'll get an error message, Failed to get the video. This video service may not be supported...
    This feature has been working until the recent update.
    downloader.jpg

15. sergk

Hello

We've updated our downloading library not long ago so try to download long videos again.
    If problem persists please:
    - share a link to problem video with us.
    - generate Technical Report (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107) and post it's ID here.

16. MichaelP74

MichaelP74 Bit poster

I'm seeing this issue even for a video of approximately 30 minutes in length. I was able to download several other videos of similar length successfully though. Technical report ID: 371467071

17. IanE4

IanE4 Bit poster

This problem of broken video download app has been ongoing for two weeks = what is the timeframe for correction + what recourse for pro-rated refund is being offered? [this question will hopefully be satisfactorily answered prior to my cancellation]