Download Video limited to 720p on Youtube ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by RemiC, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemiC

RemiC Bit poster

Hello,
    I tried "download video", but it always choose to download 720p , even if there is a 1080p version (on Youtube), is this normal ?
    Thanks

YehudaI and BrianW6 like this.
  2. Hey, this option uses maximum quality. Could you please provide us with screenshot of it and probable example of video. We will test the same behavior.

3. RemiC

RemiC Bit poster

Hello Maria,

Ok, let's take this video :
    You can see it is available in 1080p, according to Youtube and "Youtube video and audio downloader" extension for Firefox.
    [​IMG]

When i downloaded it with the Toolbox, the file is 67.5Mo which is the 720p version.

In fact, the 1080p is not available on Youtube, you need to download the audio and the video and mixxed it. That's what do "Youtube video and audio downloader" extension... and what Parallels do not do.

R.

4. Thanks a lot for this info. I've already contacted Parallels Development team and once we have any updates from them, we will update you and other customers on forum.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and sorry for the delay in response.

5. BrianW6

BrianW6 Bit poster

please provide an option to download video from YouTube with resolution higher than 720p. 1080p or even 4K would be awesome

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.
  6. CathyT1

CathyT1 Bit poster

Although i find most of my answers here but i still have one Question, and that is how to download youtube in 1080p or higher resolution?

7. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.