Downloading Windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelG11, Mar 22, 2016.

1. MichaelG11

MichaelG11 Bit poster

I have installed Parallels 11 and now want to download Windows 10 ISO on my Mac. I am unable to do so and am told I have the wrong operating system for the download. I have seen a tutorial on this site for downloading Windows but cannot now locate it. Can someone provide a link? Many thanks.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello MichaelG11, please click on this link to download Windows 10.iso

3. MichaelG11

MichaelG11 Bit poster

THe download is not happening.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear MichaelG11, Are you getting any error message while downloading installation file for Windows 10? Could you share a screenshot of the error message so that we could help!

5. MichaelG11

MichaelG11 Bit poster

Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately, I'm not at home, so I'm afraid this will have to wait for another time. The prompt I received when I attempted the download was that it might take several minutes and I shouldn't go back to the previous page. The pinwheel continued, longer than a few minutes. I eventually gave up and thought I'd try from scratch, but at that point I couldn't even get the pinwheel.
    Best,
    Michael

6. MonikaJ

MonikaJ Bit poster

I'm having the same problem! I bought Windows 10 USB drive and it has been downloading for over 3 hours now -- pinwheel still going in the "operating systems found" screen. Any suggestions?
    Monika

7. MichaelG11

MichaelG11 Bit poster

I am on a 14-day trial with Parallels Desktop. For a new freelance gig, I need to download Windows. When I follow the Parallel prompts, I am taken to the Microsoft purchase site. But as with the Paralells software, I am not ready to BUY. I want to see how the two programs work together before making a purchase. I believe I can download an earlier version of Windows for free that will operate with the Parallels software, How can I do so by ignoring the Parallels prompt to BUY Windows?

8. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Yes, it takes quite a long time because it's a huge iso image, takes several GB, and takes several hours to download, but it should work.

9. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Michael, try the test environments of Windows, refer to this article.