Driver Problem with Bluetooth and New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ispybadguys, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ispybadguys

ispybadguys Bit poster

I just bought my first Mac, the new Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013), and downloaded the Trial of Parallels 9.0, so I am new to all of this. I very easily ported my existing Windows 8 x64 laptop but I cannot get the Bluetooth driver to load and I need this to talk to my SMA solar inverters. Per the directions I loaded the latest Bootcamp drivers 5.0.5033 and ran the Bluetooth x64 driver .exe. During the driver installation the installer shows a message that the driver is not installed/needed because there is no supporting hardware. I couldn't get past this so I prepared new VM with a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate to try my luck. I installed the Bootcamp drivers with the same results. When the devices are shared in Parallels the Win 7 guest detects the devices and installs drivers for the USB and the other devices but no driver for the Bluetooth is found. The USB Bluetooth device shows up in the Device Manager but no driver is found. Going to the device manager the Bluetooth USB device is shown but the status shown is "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". Searching Windows Update also produced no driver. I then ran Windows Update and installed all of the latest Windows Updates but this changed nothing. Any ideas out there before my trial expires?

Thanks Kurt

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Before worrying about Parallels, you have to get everything working correctly with Boot Camp. Apple's Boot Camp drivers haven't been updated for a while, so I wonder if they don't yet support BT on your brand new MBP. I'd Google to see if others have this problem. Once you get BT working in Boot Camp, you can proceed with Parallels.

Maybe instead of Boot Camp, and so you can get a feel for Parallels during the trial, you should create a new VM with a virtual hard disk. Then, once the BT issue is resolved in Boot Camp, you can create a VM for Boot Camp.

Steve

3. ispybadguys

ispybadguys Bit poster

Thanks Steve! That may be that the drivers aren't there yet. Neither of my systems were realized in Book Camp. They are both VM's. I did get the Bluetooth to work with VM Fusion. I have Googled for others with this problem so I guess I am the first. Unless there is anyone out there that has done this successfully.

4. Tomlanky

Tomlanky Bit poster

Confirmed on a Macbook Air 2013 Haswell on the latest build. I am in IT. I spent several hours with various iterations of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 OS guests. Bluetooth installs and shares fine. When it comes to finding devices of any kind within the VM on any Windows OS, it is a no go. This is officially broken. Everything works fine in VMware Fusion. (latest build)

5. Solar Duniya

Solar Duniya Bit poster

In Macbook laptops, the general problems for bluetooth will come from hardware, to which, you need to open the system and rectif the problem. Sometimes, the bluetooth connect displaced from its place, due to which such problems occur.