Hi,
I am running Parallels without Bootcamp, yet I made myself the bootcamp driver CD made available by Apple. My question: should we install these drivers in Parallels? I have read various references to these drivers in the past, but information on their use never seemed to be conclusive or authoritative (maybe a license issue?)
On my CD (1.4 beta) there are drivers from Apple, Atheros, ATI, SigmaTel, Intel, Marvell, Motorola, Realtek Broadcom, and Nvidia. I am not sure whether all/the relevant ones get installed automatically if the CD starts. Additionally, I get an error if I the generic installer autostarts, probably because this is not a proper bootcamp-install, so I have to run individual installers manually. So far I only tried the Apple-Installers. I have a MacBook Pro 15" second generation, the graphics card is from ATI (currently the hardware-manager shows a "Parallels video driver"). So my questions are:
1. Should I install the drivers in Windows?
2. Which ones should I install for my notebook within parallels?
Best
Panca
I am running Parallels without Bootcamp, yet I made myself the bootcamp driver CD made available by Apple. My question: should we install these drivers in Parallels? I have read various references to these drivers in the past, but information on their use never seemed to be conclusive or authoritative (maybe a license issue?)
On my CD (1.4 beta) there are drivers from Apple, Atheros, ATI, SigmaTel, Intel, Marvell, Motorola, Realtek Broadcom, and Nvidia. I am not sure whether all/the relevant ones get installed automatically if the CD starts. Additionally, I get an error if I the generic installer autostarts, probably because this is not a proper bootcamp-install, so I have to run individual installers manually. So far I only tried the Apple-Installers. I have a MacBook Pro 15" second generation, the graphics card is from ATI (currently the hardware-manager shows a "Parallels video driver"). So my questions are:
1. Should I install the drivers in Windows?
2. Which ones should I install for my notebook within parallels?
Best
Panca
Last edited: