Dual Sessions on Windows 2008 R2 remote apps

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by AndreL3, Aug 22, 2016.

1. AndreL3

AndreL3 Bit poster

Occasionally when my users launch their remote apps we are getting two sessions, one that is running on the desktop and on that is running remote. The only way i can fix this issue is by ending their session and having them relaunch. When the issue is happening i see one application with the icon (with no arrows indicating a remote app) and one with arrows showing it is a remote app. The session is non responsive.
    Any help on troubleshooting this issue would be great.

2. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AndreL3
    First of all I would suggest checking the behavior with "Use RemoteApps if available" feature disabled. Please perform following steps and check the behavior:

1. Open the RAS Console > Farm > Terminal Servers > Access the Properties of the Terminal Server you are publishing issued resource from
    NOTE: (if multiple Terminal Servers are effected, this change needs to be done on all of them)
    2. Switch to the Agent Settings tab
    3. Uncheck the option: Use RemoteApps if available
    4. Apply the settings and check the behavior

I would also like to ask you to provide us with your feedback if this instruction helped you or not, so please let us know the results afterwards.

Thanks!

3. langhellomedia

langhellomedia Bit poster

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You are welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help