Duet Display and Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by M59, Jul 9, 2020.

1. M59

M59 Bit poster

Hi
    Does Duet Display work when connecting an iPad to a MacBook that is using Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac on Catalina?
    I think it used to work on older systems, but I am not sure if it still does.

2. Hi, could you please clarify what do you mean under the "duet display"?
    Any screenshot will be very helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

3. M59

M59 Bit poster

Duet Display is an app that allows you to use an iPad as a second screen for a Mac
    https://www.duetdisplay.com/
    Mac OS Catalina has the Sidecar function for doing this but that does not work with older iPads such as the iPad Air 2 that I have

4. Thank you for sharing this.
    Could you describe how would you like to use it with your Mac, Parallels Desktop and iPad?
    What exactly doesn't work? Thanks in advance.

5. M59

M59 Bit poster

I would install the iPad version of the app on my iPad and the Mac version of the app on my MacBook Air, and run both of them on Mac OS.
    At the same time, I plan to run Windows within Parallels on the MacBook Air, but keep Parallels app on the MacBook Air display (I don't need to move the Parallels window to the iPad display).
    * I have not installed Parallels yet. I want to know whether Parallels will prevent the app working in the set-up I described above. Some say it will, some say it won't.

Apologies for the multiple posts. How can I edit my replies on this without making another post?! I see no edit button.
    I meant keep the apps on my iPad and Mac version running outside of Parallels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
  6. I just merged your posts. (will check do you have a permissions to edit posts).
    I think that you will not have any issues with Parallels Desktop on your Mac display.
    but you can test during the 14 days trial period without any unwanted payment and hen share your results with us as a feature request or as issue description..

7. M59

M59 Bit poster

OK, thank you for the advice.

8. Please share any results with us here or add your feature request at this thread.

9. M59

M59 Bit poster

Yes, I will certainly let you know if I run into problems. Thanks

Maria@Parallels likes this.