During install of XP the VM window vanishes. Not sure what to do.

VirtualMan

Bit poster
[SELF-SOLVED] During install of XP the VM window vanishes. Not sure what to do.

Hi folks,
I am trying to install XP.
I am using Parallels 7 (latest version).
The installation begins momentarily and then suddenly the window vanishes. In the little VM browser I can see the VM and I can see a live thumbnail of the blue XP installation screen. But I can't get access to it, and therefore can't continue with the installation.

Here is a screen shot of the little window I see:
snapshot_parallels.jpg


Please advise.

Thank you,

Jonathan
 
Last edited:
Looks like I may have resolved it.
I deleted that installation and tried again.
The issue was caused by the fact that immediately after starting the actual installation Parallels would try to restart the VM (in which the installation was taking place). A message would ask if I wanted to STOP the VM, SUSPEND the VM, and CANCEL. I think I hit SUSPEND the first time. And after that I was not able to get the VM to come back. Resuming would result in only seeing the screen shot I showed in my original post. Shuting down and starting up again would do the same thing.

On the second attempt I selected STOP. This time when I started up the VM the blue windows installation screen resumed and is allowing me to continue.
 
Back
Top