Editing MSI using Orca

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by nerdpatrol, Nov 14, 2006.

1. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

I am getting an error after editing the msi file saying "could not locate cabinet instream Applcli.cab". It is the first time I have done this so could be something simple.

2. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

Fix it

I got it fix but I need the new manual for the value to put in there. When can we expect to see it.

3. nixu

nixu Guest

4. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

Options

What about the disable options? What is the value to grey out the options on the client, i tried 0 and 1.

5. nixu

nixu Guest

In the latest version of the 2X ApplicationServer & Loadbalancer Manual that is found on the web, you can find documentation regarding the Disable Options MSI property (Page 66).

Regards

Nixu

6. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

Check Setting

I have changed it to option 1 and still will not lock the options. PLease makesure this isnt broken on the new client. Thanks,

7. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

It seams that there was an installation issue. User settings are not being removed from the registry, thus if you installed the client with this option disabled, installed and reinstalled with this option enabled. The user setting would still used ie. disabled.

If you remove this key from the HKCU, it should solve your problem.

This feature has been improved and in the next release this option would be placed in the HKLM only, and this option would be ignored for Administrators.

Nixu.

8. dustobub2

dustobub2 Guest

Deleting that key from the registry does clear the old settings out. However, the "disableoptions" key in the MSI does not work. When I manually edit the "disableoptions" key in HKCU, it takes effect. This was tested multiple times on different clean installs. This is a very important option for me. Thanks.

Dustin

9. nixu

nixu Guest

As already posted, this issue is solved in the next beta, this should be out by the end of this week.

Nixu

10. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

New Version

Let me know when the update is available.

11. nixu

nixu Guest