Encompass 360

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JeffreyG3, May 2, 2021.

1. !MATTO!

!MATTO! Bit poster

BTW .. I'm running Version18. also, I just separately tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - Update 3 - which isn't fully installing, which could be the corrupt.

2. BradyB1

BradyB1 Bit poster

Is anybody having luck with this yet? I may need to return the M1 Macbook pro I just purchased and get another windows machine.

3. !MATTO!

!MATTO! Bit poster

BUMP.

4. BradyB1

BradyB1 Bit poster

BUMP. Anybody?????

5. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Now that Windows for Parallels is fully sanctioned, bumping this thread again. Thanks

6. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

7. MikeH27

MikeH27 Junior Member

If the crappy app is trying to install anything kernel/driver related, then you're shit out of luck.

Bug the vendor to support ARM Windows is your only option. That's it. Full stop. Parallels can't "fix" driver related issues. Those are architecture specific.

8. I stumbled upon this older thread, but I can confirm that this issue with the Encompass 360 SmartClient exists for all Windows on Arm installations and is not specific to running on Parallels. The Encompass Document Converter depends on an x86-64 printer driver and will not run on Windows on Arm. You can log in to the SmartClient, but it will attempt to install the Encompass eFolder Printer each time you do, and you'll need to either stop it manually or wait for it to time out and then click through several error messages prior to logging in. That is frustrating, but the good news is that the SmartClient will work normally other than being unable to use the Encompass eFolder Printer.