Epson Scan software pausing

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ParallelsU514, Dec 9, 2020.

1. ParallelsU514

ParallelsU514 Bit poster

Hello. I am running Catalina natively and got Parallels to run Mojave so I can run the older 32-bit Epson Scan 3.9.4.0 software with my Epson V600 film scanner.
    Typically I put my film in, preview the slides, and the software scans all the film slides one at a time, usually 12.
    In Parallels Mojave it is scanning one slide, then not continuing on to the next, just pausing, once I click on the screen or the app it seems to start again and then move onto the next slide. This is hugely inconvenient as I cannot just set up the software to scan all the slides and then walk away.

I presume Parallels is pausing the software or the connection to the scanner or something like this.
    Does anyone know a fix?
    Thank you!

2. ParallelsU514

ParallelsU514 Bit poster

Sorry I should correct the above post. I installed High Sierra NOT Mojave in Parallels

3. Hello,
    did you connect your scanner to your Windows VM directly? Also did you install your scanner drivers on the Windows side?
    What is your Parallels Desktop version, is it the latest one?

4. ParallelsU514

ParallelsU514 Bit poster

Hi Maria. I think you misunderstood. I am running macOS 10.5 Natively, but in Parallels I have installed a VM of macOS 10.12 High Sierra to run 32-but mac apps.
    Yes I installed scanner drivers in the High Sierra VM Yes, when asked I connected the Scanner to Parallels High Sierra VM.
    I am running Parallels 16.1.1

5. ParallelsU514

ParallelsU514 Bit poster

Hi Maria. I think you misunderstood. I am running macOS 10.5 Natively, but in Parallels I have installed a VM of macOS 10.12 High Sierra to run 32-but mac apps.
    Yes I installed scanner drivers in the High Sierra VM Yes, when asked I connected the Scanner to Parallels High Sierra VM.
    I am running Parallels 16.1.1

6. RichardT20

RichardT20 Bit poster

Hi. I have the same problem, although I'm using Mojave in the virtual machine, not High Sierra, and my native OS is Big Sur. Did you ever find a solution for this? I was thinking about downloading an app to jiggle the mouse in the virtual machine (there are several designed to trick the boss into thinking you're busy!), but haven't tried it yet.