Erase and reinstall OS X

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by evillalobos, May 5, 2015.

1. evillalobos

evillalobos Bit poster

Hello,
    I want my MBP to factory settings by erasing my hard disk and reinstalling OS X. I have Parallels Desktop 9 installed and working. Can I use the same parallels license after reinstalling? Do I need to save anything before erasing?
    Thank you!

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Evillalobos, In accordance with the End User License Agreement terms and conditions, a Parallels Desktop for Mac retail license can only be used for activation of Parallels Desktop for Mac on a single Mac. As you want to install on the same Machine you can use the same license key to install Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
    In order to use Parallels Desktop for Mac on several Mac machines, you need to purchase the corresponding number of licenses. If you would like to move Parallels Desktop from one computer to another, you do not need to buy a new key, simply uninstall the software from the Mac it is currently installed on before installing on a new one.