Eror Message: No Images are Available

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RishiM, Feb 4, 2016.

1. RishiM

RishiM Bit poster

I am trying to install a Windows 10 Virtual Desktop on Parallels 11. The version of Windows 10 that I have was downloaded from Microsoft Dreamspark which is available to me for free as a student through my university. I downloaded the Windows 10 program to my MacBook Air (running el Capitan). It is an iso file called Win10_1511_English_x64.iso. Following this, I proceed to the Parallels Desktop, and select the option to set up windows 10 via an image file. Parallels automatically finds the previously mentioned iso file in my "downloads" folder on my mac, so I select that, enter my License Key and continue. Up until here, everything works smoothly. When the Windows 10 Setup page opens, however, on the "select the operating system you want to install" page, a message comes up reading "No images are available." I cannot continue my setup from here.
    What is the problem? I need to set this up quite desperately for an upcoming project. I have the option to get earlier versions of Windows (8.1, 7), should I try these?
    Thank you.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi RishiM,
    Please follow the steps mentioned below:
    1.Stop installation process.
    2.Quit Parallels Desktop.
    3.Open Finder and check if Windows installation media mounted. If so, unmount it using Eject button.
    4.Start Parallels Desktop > click on New
    5.Click Install Windows or another OS from DVD or image file, then click Continue.
    6. .iso must be detected in Operating systems found list if not select Manually
    7.Highlight the image source, click on Continue and proceed with the installation, while installing, please uncheck both "Express installation and license key"
    Note: You may activate Windows later.

Connect your DVD/iso file:
    1.In virtual machine Configuration go to Hardware > CD/DVD 1.
    2.Make sure that Connected box is checked.
    3. Specify the disk/image location in Connect to: box.

3. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Rishi,
    Please follow this link and re-download Windows 10 and check if it works!