Error 1926 Need Admin permissions?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by andrew52, May 19, 2022.

1. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

Installing a basic draw program designed for XP/Win7/9. Get the Error 1926 message . Needs Admin permissions? thoughts . MUST be workaround? This is on both Win10/11 beta on the M1. need help BAD!

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Please to this KB article to check third-party applications compatibility with Apple M1 chips.

3. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

Thank you, so far I still get the me 1926 error.But at least someone has an idea. Sadly the italians who make this program are no help.. Open to any ideas !

4. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Could you please share the error screenshot with us here?

5. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

Same error message every time. Again thanks for the help here!

Attached Files:

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, are you able to install the software? Or before that itself you are getting this error?

7. ElizabetH6

ElizabetH6 Bit poster

I also have such an error

8. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

I get this error during the installation in what i assume is the last step

9. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, If you are using an M1 mac, then please check with the respective application provider if their application is supported on the M1 mac with ARM guest OS.
    M1 mac does not support Intel chip or Intel Architecture based applications since Apple developed their M1 chip based on ARM architecture. Parallels cannot simulate an Intel application to work on the M1 chip. It has to be done by the respective application provider. Thanks.

10. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

Thank you for the response. I do know this. Its just the error message I receive i believe has nothing to do with these points. I ahve another similar draw program that immediately says not compatible. I believe and can its the simplistic part that since Windows 10/11 beta is beta, that the Permission tabs don't exists since there i snow true admin mode that I see. So i am thinking there must be a way either with a tab or a Terminal changes that permissions can be removed and a workaround. this program is beyond simplistic . And sadly the Italians who wrote it could care less as its use is PC based from 1995. So any out of the box thinking is welcomed and again, thanks for the help

11. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

Peter, that, i just need more help/ instructions here for that possible workaround

12. andrew52

andrew52 Bit poster

UPDATE- I was able to change to change to OWNER of the "C" drive to MYSELF and BOOM and all permissions I was denied I could access! That only took 1 year of asking for help./ so it can be done