Error 516 On Certain Terminal Servers

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by fwhite42, Dec 4, 2015.

1. fwhite42

fwhite42 Bit poster

I'm running the latest beta gateway and agents, and I've added three terminal servers and shared apps from each of them. On two of them, I can access the apps perfectly fine from my client, but on the third, it gives error 516 after a long connection attempt.

All three terminal servers are configured the same (Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition with terminal services enabled), and I am able to RDP to all three of them just fine. All three are members of the same domain, all connections are being attempted through the client with a domain user who is a domain admin.

Any suggestions?

Arfil likes this.
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, the error usually occurs due to incorrect connection settings in the Client, which make the Gateway unreachable. Make sure the Client Secure Gateway information provided in the Connection Properties on the Client is correct. Turning OFF VPN also results to DNS Cache issue. In most cases, the failure occurs because the Windows Firewall is enabled with no exceptions. Parallels Remote Application Server v.15 Hotfix 5 was released. Please update Parallels Remote Application Server to the latest build and let us know how it works.

3. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support